Shipping and Freight
Standard domestic shipments within the United States are free of charge.
For international shipments special arrangements are made at an additional cost. Please fill out the Contact form at the bottom of the page.
• Organic Carpet Tiles (the FreePattern® collection) are the only modular floor covering specifically designed to allow many patterns to be created or no pattern at all, using only one tile design. They are manufactured by Joy Carpets Inc in Georgia, USA and have a sleek, low-profile appeal. By grouping a few tiles, then repeating the group on the floor, a unique pattern emerges. Change the group, and likewise the pattern changes. In contrast, by installing the tiles with random rotations, a pattern-free floor covering can be achieved. With StayTac non-adhesive installation system, the floor design can be changed at any time.
• They are durable, stain resistant, and commercially rated. The attached cushion is the foundation of the product and provides exceptional comfort and resilience. This PVC-free polyurethane back is engineered to absorb rolling and foot traffic, minimizing the wear of the face yarn and eliminating the possibility of buckling and restretch problems. Thus, the appearance retention and overall usable life of the carpet is greatly extended. The attached cushion also features a waterproof barrier between the carpet and pad.
• In addition, the StayTac coating applied to the carpet backing provides a high friction component preventing lateral movement of the tile, yet the vertical grip is such that the tile can be removed and rotated. Performance is exceptional with no loss of tack of the backing over time. StayTac streamlines the installation process by eliminating the cost and time associated with applying traditional wet adhesives.
• Organic Carpet Tiles offer distinct advantages over traditional patterned broadloom in that they can be installed and removed individually or in sections. This characteristic allows a high degree of flexibility when creating patterns, designs, accents, borders and area rug effects. They are the most versatile, environmentally friendly modular carpet installation system available today.
• Organic Carpet Tiles are manufactured with sensitivity to our natural environment, utilizing environmental stewardship “best practice" protocols. They are constructed of recyclable components and contribute to LEED certification points. The manufacturer, Joy Carpets Inc, received the CRI's “Green Label Plus" Certification.
• Because adhesives are not required for installation, potentially harmful chemicals and solvents are avoided.
Tile Size: 1 meter x 1 meter (39.4" x 39.4")
Nominal Total Thickness: 0.27 in. (Just over 1/4", not thick like residential carpet.)
Total Weight each: 95 oz. each
Construction: Tufted, textured loop pile
Pile Fiber: 100% premium nylon
Gauge: 1/10 in.
Rows: 14.4 / in.
Tufts: 143.9 / sq. in.
Installation: StayTac - no adhesives required
Flammability Rating: Class I
Appearance Retention Rating CRI TM 101: Heavy Use
• Lifetime Face Fiber Wear
• Lifetime Soil and Stain Treatment
• Lifetime Floor Compatibility
• Lifetime Floor Release
• Lifetime Anti-microbial Treatment
• Lifetime Delamination
• Lifetime Color Pattern Permanency
• Lifetime Cushion Resiliency
• Lifetime Anti-static Protection
• Lifetime Edge Ravel
• Lifetime Moisture Resistance
• Lifetime Dimensional Stability
• These high-quality carpet tiles clean easily with hot water only. The color-dyed nylon face yarn is top-quality Antron 6,6 fiber, and will not bleed, smudge, or fade during cleaning. See manufacturer’s cleaning recommendations.
• When storing or moving carpet tiles, preserve the vitality of the StayTac coating by stacking them back-to-back and yarn-to-yarn.
For carpet tile assembly methods such as creating Organic compositions and repetitive Patterns, see Installation.